Linking Education, Activity, and Food (LEAF)
Linking Education, Activity, and Food (LEAF) Policy and Pilot Program Grants promote a healthy school environment through school food policies, nutrition standards, and learning opportunities that promote health for all children. LEAF grants are designed to support the intent of SB19 as well as the Governor's Buy California Initiative.
- Click here to learn about how to do a fundraiser selling smoothies.
- Click here for a sample letter to a vendor whose snack machines are not in compliance with the Nutrition Policy.
Nutrition Education:Teachers can do a math lesson to educate students about nutrition using the nutrition standards and the new and old menu items.
- Click here to see examples of new Beanery items that meet the nutrition standards.
- Click here to see examples of old items removed from the Beanery because they did not meet the nutrition standards
- Click here for nutrition-related field trip opportunities.
- Click here for high school nutrition and fitness education lessons.
- Click here for high school food and agriculture-related curricular resources and websites
- Click here for a curriculum to encourage students to drink more water.
- Click here to learn about how to use pedometers in your PE department.
- Click here for a downloadable spreadsheet to use for this project.
Click here to return to the main page.
Page last updated Tuesday June 21, 2011